We are now in a very competitive market, bringing forth an abundance of opportunities to all those who act smart. In order to succeed in this fierce competition, personalization of the user experience is the key to success for business organizations. For those who are on Salesforce CRM, Feedback Management is one such excellent tool that will help you personalize the user needs.
As per Salesforce’s Connected Customer Report, about 73% of the users expect businesses that interact with them to understand all their personal needs. However, hardly about half of the only are catering to these needs as the businesses do not have any needed information to provide a personalized experience to customers.
If you are focusing on building a more customized experience for your customers and employees, then you have to start with a comprehensive feedback mechanism. A good customer feedback mechanism will offer organizations details on end-to-end user experience. It can also be leveraged to spot the exact areas where the user and customer needs are not addressed or answered properly. You can also identify the areas where the company thrives in the competition and also can find out the opportunities to do cross-selling and upselling. In terms of leveraging the feedback through data, it is rightly said that “data is the new fuel.”
Organizations have largely started noticing the importance of comprehensive feedback mechanisms and looking for ways to implement them. However, many of the organizations are still not satisfied with the results of the tools for feedback management available out there. So, the switch rate on such tools is very high, and one major issue with the available feedback management tools is that these lack their ability to seamlessly integrate with the top-used CRM systems.
Feedback management on Salesforce
In the Spring 2018 release, the vendor announced the Salesforce Surveys feature, which had only limited features to capture the customer feedback and responses. However, in the subsequent releases, Salesforce largely improved the Survey functionality by adding more features like:
- Different question types?
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) and CSAT.
- Generating dynamic questions based on customer response.
- Automated survey invitations.
With versions including and after the org Enterprise, you can create and activate many surveys as desired and about 300 responses free of cost. The additional responses to be captured at a cost. Later, in the 2020 Summer release, Salesforce Surveys was packaged as a new product called Salesforce Feedback Management, which extended the capacities of Salesforce Surveys.
It is a known factor to the business decision-makers that customer feedback is not the only thing to add value if it is not integrated with the other activities tracked in the CRM systems to construct a comprehensive view of customer experience. This is the reason why Salesforce has launched the “Feedback Management” system, which is a comprehensive tool for enterprise surveys, which is hosted inside the Salesforce platform itself.
Advantages of Salesforce Feedback Management Solution
Further, we will discuss some of the key advantages of Salesforce Feedback Management Solutions.
- Instant integration with Salesforce – using the Feedback Management tool, the users can make their surveys instantly actionable by linking the survey results with Salesforce objects as cases, opportunities, leads, and initiate actions for the field values or stages of customer feedback. It is also possible to create survey forms in a more personalized way by including case numbers, product preference, contact address, etc.
- Lifecycle Maps – The Feedback Management Solution of Salesforce also comes with add-on features to create customer lifecycle mapping, in which you can define the individual user journey and identify the various stage of interaction with them. You can also design the survey for each identified stage.
- Real-time Feedback – With a comprehensive survey mechanism integrated into the Salesforce CRM, it means that you can have the surveys triggered during the real-time customer interaction. For example, the customer service executives can send the survey forms to the customers live while providing chat of phone-based support instead of having triggered a survey form or call later.
- Survey Insights – The Einstein analytics of Salesforce will also let the users define a comprehensive analysis of the survey responses, which you can dig deeply into the survey responses and simultaneously compare the results from different surveys. You may also perform a comprehensive analysis of the survey responses and understand how the different parts of your business performance and the customers’ satisfaction level at each stage of their journey.
Setting up Salesforce Feedback Management
Here is a step-by-step guide to enable Salesforce Feedback Management:
- To leverage Salesforce Feedback Management’s benefits in the org, you have to purchase a license and enable access.
- Once your license is ready, then you can assign the admins and user permissions.
- Next, add the merge fields to surveys.
- Create the data maps.
- Choose the survey used for gathering feedback.
- Create the customer lifecycle maps.
Creation of your survey
Once you have access to the features, you can start creating the survey forms for various user lifecycle stages. For this, you can access the App Launcher and go to ‘Surveys’ and choose New. From here, you may be redirected to the “Survey builder” page, where you can configure the Welcome page of your survey. Next, you can add the Question pages for capturing the survey questions. You can add any number of questions to the question page while defining each question’s attributes as to the question type, default value for answers, acceptable values, etc. You can further use the “Branding tab” to the Survey Builder for changing the survey form look and feel to match your brand image. Once you designed all the questions, you have further assigned the order of questions and enable the “Auto-Progress” option.
This way, you can customize the Feedback Management tool. There are a few other alternatives for this tool at the AppExchange, which you can explore like GetFeedback, Form Assembly, Form & Survey Builder, etc.